The Cookie Cutters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild website

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guild website Empty Guild website

Post  Cara Tue May 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Ok seeing as the guy who was going to set up our guild website was a friend of Matt, I think we'll be looking for someone else to help out with getting it set up.

I have found this however...

http://www.wowinstaller.com/

It's a templated look with lots of features designed in for wow speciffically and hopefully no building required. I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement it? Any ideas if this is possible?

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild website Empty Re: Guild website

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Took a quick look, it seems quite nice!

Let's play around with it for a bit Smile

Ok, played enough with it, you need to pay near 40 dollar a year for it.

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild website Empty Guild Website

Post  Tel Tue May 05, 2009 5:14 pm

had a look too, i think its pretty good, Who ever looks after the website, we can set up a paypal account maybe??
i dont mind paying some towards the rent of it.

Tel

Tel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Tue May 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Its not very much so I don't mind paying for it at all. My main worry is how much html I would need to know to make it work. If it requires some we will need someone with a bit of knowledge on how to do it. I will see if I can chat to one of the guys from OOE (order of elune) as we have a few friends in there and might put us in contact with thier Website person as they run the same template on their guild website.

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 5:25 pm

I don't think you need a lot of HTML knowledge for such a tool. Wasn't there a similar thing by Blizzard?

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 5:34 pm

I found another template: http://www.clansitemanager.com

It's all point&click, even I can do it... Only I don't have that much imagination to create something nice Smile

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Tue May 05, 2009 5:38 pm

Marchel wrote:I don't think you need a lot of HTML knowledge for such a tool. Wasn't there a similar thing by Blizzard?

Yes I heard about this too off a sticky post on the wow-europe forums about starting a guild website...and I went looking for it.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/links/fansites.html

If you scroll down theres a fansite starter kit. I'm not sure what it looks like and if it even is a guild orientated website kit.

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Only one way to find out Smile Downloading it now.

This one requires quite a lot of HTML knowledge.
Perhaps we should try to get a forum first, once we have an actual guild (even if it's the few of us) we can start thinking of a great looking website.

I think the one I posted earlier is quite nice, perhaps we can play around with it.

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 6:12 pm

This clansitemanager is a great tool!

By doing nothing at all (my favorite thing to do) I get this: http://egbert.aowc.net/
Cara, you are the graphical artist, could you take a look at it and tell us what you think of it?

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Tue May 05, 2009 6:44 pm

Oooh wow it works! it looks terrible tho! I was hoping for something more slick, but perhaps its customizeable? Is there anyway I can customise it and play with colours. I perfer the professional looks of wowinstaller if I'm totally honest. And I'm willing to pay for it to get it hahaha! Perhaps I should just get that downloaded and give it a go.

I think the order of elune website looks really really good, but we'd have a better logo, like the one I did for Death Squad. I'd like people to look at our website and say WOW these guys are serious and they look good.

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 6:46 pm

It's your toy cara, I don't know shit about graphics, I can draw a box and that's about all Smile

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  martyn Tue May 05, 2009 6:55 pm

marchel thats awsome, how u do that Embarassed

martyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 7:02 pm

I create an account (free) on the site, skip all tutorials (hey, I worked in the IT brance, I don't need tutorials) and started to click here and there... I don't have a clue what I'm doing (that's something I have 24/7) and hey presto! There's a homepage!

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Wed May 06, 2009 2:06 am

The page of Order of Elune looks good. I would be very happy if we had a page like that.

Cara and Marchel, could you try to find out how they did it ? Maybe just ask their GM and explain why we want to know ?

I had a look at the link that marchel posted a few replies back. I think it looks very promising.

I dont know very much about web-addresses and stuff but I do know it is possible to link a page like marchel quickly made to a web-addres like www.our-guild.com, without seeing the funny address that the page is on.

with this tool I think we have all we need to setup a nice guild page, all the tools are there. It just need to made look good.

If we can decide on a guild name tomorrow then we can make a basic page with news, forum, etc. And once we have a forum we can fill it with some information while the experts (which now are Marchel and Cara, you guys are so lucky I (probably) not gonna be the GM Smile Smile ) can make a good looking page from it. But most important is to have the forum finished (I think).

In the order of elune page I like the build up of the page: To small rows of information on the sides and some nice catching news in the middle. Imagine how that will look once we defeat Hogger !!!!

Robert
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  martyn Wed May 06, 2009 2:24 am

i want in on the hogger raid

martyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  martyn Wed May 06, 2009 2:26 am

ps. you never know you might be the unluky one Twisted Evil Very Happy

martyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Wed May 06, 2009 2:26 am

martyn wrote:i want in on the hogger raid

Actually that could be a good start of the new guild event Smile A level 1 (or 2) raid on Hogger Smile

Robert
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Wed May 06, 2009 2:34 am

I've been fooling around with http://www.clansitemanager.com , it seems we can make a great page with it. All we need is the graphics. It also has a forum function build in, so we could create a fully working homepage with it.

A strange address is free, when we want to have a .com address it costs a bit of money.
Like Robert said, there are a few ways to get a fairly good address, something with forwarding. It's too late now to think about that, something we can do tomorrow.

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guild website Empty guild wesite

Post  martyn Wed May 06, 2009 2:42 am

good idea + lvl 1 char is waiting , guess what its a priest Laughing Laughing Laughing

martyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Wed May 06, 2009 9:26 am

My hubby has an account with one of these domain registrations, as soon as we pick a guild name he will register a .com or .co.uk of the guild name for us.

It does however take 2 days for the domain name to be available so it sounds like an idea to make a forum today, and I'll make a banner (takes about an hour) once we pick a guild name! Very Happy

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Wed May 06, 2009 11:18 am

Hi guys!

Ooh you can do alot with clansites, I've just gone in and had a look around, its VERY cool! Have you set it up to suit a warcraft guild already Marchel? If you have just shout and I'll go in and do the graphics around it for us.

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Wed May 06, 2009 11:34 am

http://testguild.guildplex.com/

Kind of started a look here, so it will be easy to modify what Marchel had designed structure wise. The banners not quiet right of course and its the wrong guild name still (but just shows you how cool it will look) This site is amazing! Well done for finding this!

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Wed May 06, 2009 11:40 am

We might not become the biggest guild on Turalyon nor the best (in time we will ofc Smile ) But we will have the coolest website of them all. afro

Robert
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 am

Robert wrote:
martyn wrote:i want in on the hogger raid

Actually that could be a good start of the new guild event Smile A level 1 (or 2) raid on Hogger Smile

hahah a HOGGER DOWN! shot would be awesome!

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Wed May 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Marchel how far did you get with laying out the boxes to match a warcraft guild please dear? Beddy is just looking at making up some boxes on the http://testguild.guildplex.com/ So don't want to redo anything you've already worked on?

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next