The Cookie Cutters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving The Dottagers

+2
Admin
Marchel
6 posters

Go down

Leaving The Dottagers Empty Leaving The Dottagers

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 2:51 pm

We might have a slight problem now...

Soon we'll create our own guild, until that time we are still Dottagers right?
What do we do when:
= we come along to one of the last raids and a great items drops?
- do we roll for it (and hurray!) and winn? Taking the item is a bit strange as we leave soon (NINJA!)
- pass on the item? Suspicious, why pass for a great item?
- not subscribe for runs? We leave because there are not enough runs, but we don't subscribe either.

So it's a bit of a difficult situation right now. Perhaps the fairest thing to do is to inform the guild before tomorrow evening (raid evening) what we are planning and leave the guild. That way we are fair to everyone and can perhaps count on a little "support" (as in getting one or two more people from the guild)

What do you think we should do?

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Leaving The Dottagers Empty Re: Leaving The Dottagers

Post  Admin Tue May 05, 2009 3:02 pm

I dont like the idea of getting some epic loot one day and leaving the next day. Specially not while raiding with the dottagers, except not not raiding enough (and to many trains) I really liked the guild and the people in it. So that doesnt seem fair.

So I think I will leave the dottagers before the raid starts tomorrow and be guildless until we formed our own guild.

In a goodbye message I will tell the reasons why I leave. I will also say that we (wont mention names) are going to make a new guild which is a bit more serious on raiding. I will NOT mention that dottagers are welcome, they are of course, but again recruiting new members on another guilds forum is not very nice.

If more people want to leave and join us they will find us. I think we should have somekind of open recruitement for ex-dottagers (or other real good friends) for 2 weeks or so. If these people apply the will be taken into the guild immediately and become member immediately also. For other people the rule of recruiting via the forum goes of course.

Robert

PS: I am logged on as admin because I made a mistake in creating my own account and cant change it Smile

Admin
Admin

https://gieflootz.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Tue May 05, 2009 3:23 pm

I'm hoping that the Dotts don't freak out on us. I like the idea of telling them why we are leaving, but of yet we don't leave and be guildless. I hate being guildless it makes me feel unloved and cut off *whimper* I would hope the dottagers are understanding enough that we will still raid with them but pass on loot until we are set up. I have taken myself off the raid for tomorrow already but will go back on it if they know what we are doing and need the spaces filled up. I have absolutely no intention of rolling on any loot.

As for having an open invitation to all dotts to join, between you all I would have issue with some of them coming over. (not that I think these people would) but Rayvon hurts my soul with his insults and manner. So I really wouldn't be keen for this complete open invite.

I'm definately with you on not openly recruiting on the dottagers forum, that would be very disrepectfull indeed.

I'm scared to tell them what we are planning should they decide to kick us. (But I don't think they would kick us because of the majority of mature players in there.) It would be the right thing to do to tell them our plans tho.

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Indeed, tomorrow well before the raid I will leave the dottagers and post a friendly goodbye message on the forum. In this message I will not try to recruit people, the ones who think the same as us know how to contact us. Also I won't mention any names ofcourse.

I always enjoyed my time in The Dottagers, and if there would be a little more raiding I wouln't have left. But sadly enough it's a bit too much social and a bit too less raiding. I do like the social part and hope this will stay the same in our new guild, but then with some raiding added to it Smile

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Tue May 05, 2009 4:00 pm

I'll leave if you guys are going aswell then. :-) And put similar words to you guys.

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  martyn Tue May 05, 2009 5:47 pm

ageed though im not good
at saying stuff in type.
they are generally good
guys and dolls,nice peeps.
Sad
this said moving on to what we think
is a + for me. have the same feeling as u guys on the loot issue Arrow

martyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bortox Tue May 05, 2009 7:13 pm

I don't think i need to say any thing you've covered it all!! lol

Bortox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Tue May 05, 2009 7:13 pm

Should we do a one post for all of us on this leaving issue?

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Tue May 05, 2009 7:48 pm

I think it's best that we all put a seperate post on the forum, that way we can explain our reasons. If we make one post it's "us against Niall" and that's something I don't want. I like the guy a lot and he does really a lot for the guild. Therefore it's only fair that we all make our seperate goodbye message.

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Tue May 05, 2009 10:02 pm

Ok that sounds fair, no problem, we sure we all ready to leave and take this massive jump tomorrow?

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Wed May 06, 2009 12:47 am

Totally ready. I preffer to leave well in time so they can find an extra DPS for the raid tomorrow. If I (we?) come along to the raid it's a bit strange to leave after it.

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Marchel Wed May 06, 2009 1:17 am

I just left The Dottagers now, I saw most of us did already.

Probably it will be quite a shock to the guild, but they will survive.

Marchel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  martyn Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 am

saw you leave m8,and your right they will survive cheers

martyn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Wed May 06, 2009 11:57 am

Just left the dottagers with my characters must admit it is kind of a sad feeling "every" time I leave a guild.

Robert
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 pm

yeah its pretty sad, but we want to work towards something here so I feel excited at the same time ... and scared Very Happy

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Wed May 06, 2009 12:45 pm

Its not to bad so far, I've just left and had a few /cry and diggy has farted through my letter box *bless him* haha he's also sending Mupet a trud apparently. hehe He's really funny. I've had interest from Devildodger aswell, he's thinking of leaving too. So I've pointed him at you Marchel.

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara Thu May 07, 2009 8:33 am

Ok they are upset, Diggy thinks we've been planning this for months behind their backs and feels betrayed. I'm not sure if we should maybe talk to Niall about this and just explain to him (for the rest of them), that we are simply a group of friends that wanted to have more raid opportunities without having to split up and go off to different guilds, or if we should just leave it be? I have spoken to Diggy alot and explained it that way, he was really upset with me but we kind of left it friendly with a *hug* etc. So I'm hoping he'll come round Very Happy

Cara
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Thu May 07, 2009 10:08 am

There will always be people more upset then others. I think we left the dottagers in a good and respectfull way. If it makes you feel better you could send a mail (or talk to him directly) to Niall explaining it once more. But you should worry about it too long.

Robert
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum